Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bart D. Hull

Default feedback on Sears Craftsman powder coating gun?

Nope,
Check your local Craigslist for a free stove. That's how I got my
powdercoating oven and my parts washing dishwasher.

(C'MON we know y'all sneak a few parts that really need a good cleaning
in the dishwasher. I just need one a bit more frequently!)

Just remember to "cook" (50 degress ABOVE your powder bake temp) what
your going to powdercoat after you have sandblasted and washed and put
paint stripper or other solvents on the part. This outgasses the part
and reduces the chance of bubbles in your powdercoating.

If you happen to get a self cleaning oven you can also pop your BBQ
grates in it to clean them as well. Make sure your oven is outside for
this one! The smoke can get quite thick, but smells like steak so the
neighbors don't complain too much!

Lots of stuff you can do if you don't have to worry about cleaning the
oven or dishwasher afterwards!

Bart

Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
Ok James - is it time to buy the other half a new kitchen stove - and
move the 'old'
one to the shop ?

Ah - for a bigger oven.

Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

James Riser wrote:
Doug;
It is currently on sale again - may end this weekend. Check the
Sears.com site or your local store.
Jim

"Doug White" wrote in message

"James Riser" wrote:

I tested it he
http://www.jamesriser.com/Machinery/...g/Testing.html

Great review! How much does the Sears gun usually sell for, and what
was
the sale price?

Doug White

News==----