Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes

Default Dowsing

In uk.d-i-y, dennis@home wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .

I know what you mean .. like a preminition ..

I avoided a nasty accident the other day because I sorta *expected*
someone to do what they did (turn left across me on a roundabout after
entering from the outside lane), preminition or experience in this
case?

Someone with the makings of a good driver..
Actually expects other drivers to be idiots.

You obviously thought that this might happen, you probably do it all the
time.
However you only remember when it matters, like when it saves you.
At other times it just doesn't quite make it to the long term memory.

Well put. That happened to me recently when I came across an artic in
the ditch just over the brow of a hill. I can distinctly remember
thinking as I approached the brow that I had no idea what was on the
other side. It seemed a bit spooky at the time but your explanation
makes perfect sense. Nothing to do with expecting other drivers to be
idiots in this case, though.

--
Mike Barnes