Roy

Default Blade Bearing Guides for Horizontal Band Saw

On 17 Nov 2003 19:45:48 -0800, (Steve) wrote:

x-Are the bearings used as blade guides for horizontal band saws just
x-regular sealed bearings? I need to replace mine on my older Carolina
x-Band Saw. Any recommendations? Thanks, Steve

As far as I know thats all they are. I replace ones on a machine at
work before I retired and thy were simply off the shelf sealed
bearings. My el cheapo harbor fright H/V saw also uses off the shelf
sealed ball bearings. Look on the sides of th bearing for a number,
and look that number up in a book with bearing design specs, and it
will tell you exactly whats "special" if anything about them. Lots of
good cross reference numbers and bearing info on the internet, and
most industrial supliier wil have catalogs on bearing s they carry
which also have a wealth of info on bearings besides the sizes they
make.

Regards
--
Visit my website: Remove nospam for correct address
http://www.nospamfrugalmachinist.com

Contents: foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects.
Regards
Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye
Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever.
Remove nospam from email address