Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.chem,uk.food+drink.misc
Guy King

Default Safe to drink boiled water from hot tap?

The message
from David P contains these words:

Why? I like to hand wash my dishes in very hot water. My hot tap
does not give me water which is quite hot enough.

Turn up the tank stat a little? Or, if it's a combi, turn down the water
flow a bit.

Drinking hot water is less of a problem now than it was, as few houses
have lead piping any more. However, until recently most houses had their
copper pipes soldered with lead solder, which under certain
circumstances may leach out into hot water.

Also, beware of dead pigeons in the cold feed tank if you have one -
boiling may kill off the nasties, but it's still pretty distasteful.

--
Skipweasel