Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.engr.lighting,uk.d-i-y
David Lee

Default Still possible to get UK plug into standard light pendant

Andy wrote...
Ah! There's my secret plan to have a mains powered radio when I am
working in the loft (it's lit, and clean so I use it like a sort of
shed).

I could spur from the lighting circuit to a wall socket but that's
really asking for trouble one day.

Provided your radio is double-insulated and doesn't require an earth then
you could fit a 2-pin plug and install a shaver socket. AFAIK they are
still permitted on a lighting circuit. However I ran a spur up from a
socket in one of my bedrooms, when I was decorating, to a double in the
loft - problem solved.

David