Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.engr.lighting,uk.d-i-y
Andy

Default Still possible to get UK plug into standard light pendant

On 02 May 2006, David
wrote:

Andy...
In fact what I want to do is reposition my TV aerial which is in
the loft. It has been really hard getting the right position for
the aerial and I need the TV to be there as I adjust its direction
and position.

As the TV has no earth then I figured it's ok to run it off one of
the hanging lights in the loft (there are no mains points there).
The TV is a portable and uses about 70W when steady so the current

I'm sure that you will be able to tell me why it's not a sensible
suggestion - but what on earth is wrong with a 13amp extension
lead? It would be much safer and much more useful.

Ah! There's my secret plan to have a mains powered radio when I am
working in the loft (it's lit, and clean so I use it like a sort of
shed).

I could spur from the lighting circuit to a wall socket but that's
really asking for trouble one day.