Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Default Dowsing

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
In short we have all the apparatus - and I believe more senses than
the 5 we think we have - to enable us to be wild animals in a wild
environment - its just that MOST of this is completely irrelevant in a
modern civilized environment, so we subliminally block it all out, the
way you get used to the roar of traffic..

We actually have many more than 5 senses, more like 12.

Sight, sound, taste, touch & smell being the well known, pain, balance,
thirst, hunger, thermoception (the sense of heat & cold), kinaesthesia
(movement) and proprioception (body awareness).

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman