Posted to alt.home.repair
Decals

Default Grout

Should be a fairly consistant grout level.

Letting the grout set too long before wiping it off with a sponge (uneven
and bumpy line)

or Let the grout not set up at all before wiping it off with a sponge. (low
level of grout)

Depending on the tile, Sharp edge tile requires a longer setup than a
bevelled tile. Hopfully this tile is

on the walls.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I just had a contractor install new porcelain tile into my kitchen and
bathrrom. The spacing is 1/16" between tiles. I noticed that the
grout levels were somewhat uneven. In other words, the grout filled up
the spaces between tiles at a higher level in some places than in
others. I was wondering the following:

1) How high should the grout be? In other words, should the grout fill
up the spaces between tiles as high as possible without sticking out
higher than the tile or should the grout line be slightly lower than
the tile?

2) Is it possible to simply grout over the existing grout to fill up
the spacings if necessary? The grout has been applied only 2-3 days
ago. Or do I have to remove all the applied grout and reapply from
scratch.

Thank you for your help.