Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher

Default Price for 18" Variable Speed Delta Scroll Saw

On Thu, 04 May 2006 19:29:28 GMT, "BB" wrote:

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 04 May 2006 16:12:22 GMT, "BB" wrote:

Anyone have an idea as to the price for a used 18" Variable Speed Delta
Scroll Saw. This is the one that uses the rheostat to control the motor
speed rather than changing belts. It has the stand and appears to be in
decent shape.

BB

Model Number?

I believe it is a Delta 40-650 18" Variable Speed Scroll Saw - Somewhere
vaguely back in my mind I remember talking to someone who said the ones with
the rheostat would eventually burn out. Any info would be appreciated.

BB

Don't know about that model. I have a 40-601 which was the last
American made Delta scroll saw. A great saw, however, it has been out
of production for about 14 years, and I'm not sure you can get the
electronic module for it anymore. I have an extra just in case.

With any tool, particularly one with electronic components, you should
get on the Delta servicenet and make sure that it is still serviced if
it is not still in production.

Frank