Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A basic lighting question

wrote:
I have a loop-in lighting system and have recently had an extension
with lots of new rooms to decorate and add decent lights to. The
builders just installed basic ceiling roses with the plastic 8 slot
connectors plus metal earth connector.

I've ascertained how to wire up the new light fittings using connectors
so that I'm left with just the single Live and Neutral wires (plus the
earths). However, because there are up to 5 cables involved, there are
too many wires to fit into single connectors.

Is what I have done acceptable, dangerous or somewhere in between?

how youve managed to have 5 cables in each fitting I cant imagine. On
this basis I have to wonder whats going on.

NT