Posted to alt.home.repair
LurfysMa

Default Best way to protect redwood Adirondack chair?

On Thu, 04 May 2006 10:17:00 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"LurfysMa" wrote in message

I have tried to talk her into painting it white, but she wants the
weathered look. (sigh)

What about a tougher polyurethane? Is there a marine version that is
more weather resistant?

Thanks for the help.

There are spar varnishes, such as Minwax Helmsman made for outdoor use.
I"ve used it with good results on outdoor furniture. I've also used Penofin
oil. The problem with oils now is that it may not absorb well since it
already had a coat of poly on it.

Does the polyurethane penetrate the wood or mostly sit on top? I am
wondering how much sanding I would need to do to get the poly offr do
I could use oil?

--
For email, use