Posted to alt.home.repair
wayne

Default Alternative To Shoe Polish

Buck Turgidson wrote:

I stopped by the local drugstore today to pick up some shoe polish.
They want $2.99 for a tiny little can of this stuff. And the can
looks suspiciously smaller than the last one I bought. It weighs
almost nothing.

This seems like a ripoff to me. Anyone have a cheaper way to polish
shoes? I know in the big scheme of things it's not a big deal. I
just don't like feeling had.

Well do you just need to polish or fill in the color? What color are
the shoes? You could try car wax there is some that have colorants to
fix scratches? Also any leather protection product should work?

if you just want a shine? Spray lacquer or poly coating?