Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Nail removal

I use a set of bullnose pliers and a small piece of 16 guage metal to
protect the wood. Have yet to find a nail I can not get out.

On 22 Dec 2005 05:21:39 -0800, "chickenwing"
wrote:

George Eberhardt wrote:
I have to pull some 3 inch penny nails, which were hammered flat into some

TIA.

I get the nail head up a little, then use a hammer...before pulling put
a small block of wood under the hammer. this makes pulling much easier,
it also keeps the hammer from marring the wood.

sand her down, back fill with wood fill, sander her down one mo time!

now it's got character