Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS

Default Heat source for heat shrink

In article , (GregS) wrote:
In article , David Nebenzahl
wrote:
Dan spake thus:

Jim Yanik wrote:

David Nebenzahl wrote in
.com:

What do people here use for heat shrink tubing?

I'm tired of using matches, and a butane pencil torch seems like
overkill.

an electric heat gun.
Harbor Freight sells them VERY inexpensively.
I imagine some better hair dryers would also work.

I have one of those HF guns. Also works fine but of course you have to
plug it in somewhere ;-)

I thought about a heat gun; we're talking about those things that are
basically glorified blow dryers, right? Isn't that a little much just to
heat a little bitty piece of tubing? Are there any "mini heat guns"
available to heat smaller things?

I have an Ungar. You can probably buy one for $300. I also have a Weller
station
for about $900. The Ungar has been wonderfull and I bought it over 20 years ago
for about $80.

Ahh, Electronix Express has two models probably cheaper than anybody but
Harbor Freight, but these are for heat shrink.

greg