Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Plowman (News)

Default High Voltage Wire Nuts?

In article B9g6g.2659$g01.2129@trnddc01,
James Sweet wrote:
This is a different type of screw terminal block I'm referring to, like
this http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...16468&ts=19945

I've seen them used, but not for built in house wiring.

They come in 5, 15 and 30 amp versions. They are only suitable for house
wiring in the UK if enclosed in a fire resistant enclosure. For jointing
or spurring cables etc, most would use a junction box designed for the job
and it must be left reasonably accessible for later inspection and not
buried in plaster etc.

I've included a reference to the sort which might be used for lighting
circuits.

*I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.