Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Is the Delta Hybrid really bad?

"Frank" wrote in message
oups.com...
Based on what? Whats your angle Leon?

Based on the fact theat the Beis is "one" of the best fences that money can
buy. I seriousely doubt that this particular saw is the best that money can
buy.

Are you saying this is a bad investment on my part? based on what
knowledge?

No. If you buy an inexpensive new car and included in the price you get
front and rear spoilers. Does it handle any better?
I am just saying that half the money that you are spending on that saw is
probably going towards the fence. What the fence costs Delta makes no
difference since you cannot buy the saw for the same price Delta pays for
it. Just because Delta or B&D owns Biesemeyer this does not mean that Delta
does not pay Biesemeyer some mark up on cost. All things being equal, the
fence and saw are probably equal in cost to Delta.

If this saw will be an upgrade for you, you will probably initially be happy
with it. I used to be happy with my $375 saw with its added on $275 fence,
and then one day I was not.