Posted to rec.woodworking
Max

Default Latex paint over spar varnish?

"Joe Gorman" wrote in message
Max wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Max wrote:

And I don't mind spending whatever I have to for a good finish. The
paint
I used on the trim (Glidden Endurance) seems to be holding up very
well.
I'm wondering about the durability of an oil based paint. What's your
verdict?

However, if you do it in latex, you can follow pretty much the same
procedure and get pretty good results. The finish won't be as hard,
and won't be as UV/scuff/water resistant, but then when you need to
paint again, you can just clean it, sand it, and paint it.

Let us know what you did and how you did it. Hope this helps.

Robert

Wow. I have 2 heat guns and I had never tried using one to remove paint
(or varnish). It's taking it off very nicely.
See the pics at the bottom. (titled "door")
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thesam...lbum?.dir=1494

Gentlemen, Thank you for your help.

Max

Interesting scaffolding, what brand/model is it? Or is it homemade?
Joe

Homemade. I built it to wash and wax my travel trailer and I use it to trim
some Japonica hedges we have that are quite tall (7' )

Max