Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
David Moffitt

Default OT - Winger with gun

"Cliff" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 May 2006 00:23:35 GMT, "David Moffitt"
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 02 May 2006 20:50:46 GMT, "David Moffitt"
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
m...
On Tue, 2 May 2006 10:26:07 -0700, Dave wrote:

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:38:00 -0700, Hawke wrote:

Then add the fact that if there were no guns whatsoever violent
people
would
simply use knives, clubs, fists, and other available weapons to prey
on
the
weak.

Thats an interesting point that ive brought up to my Euro friends in
the
past. They are constantly comparing gun related deaths where they live
as
to where I live. (An example was the Seattle rave shooting). I would
also
like to see a general comparison of violent crimes between there and
here
to show if its guns that are the problem or is it that there are just
more
violent people.

I checked some of the available data sometime back.
Take out the US gun deaths & the rates are very similar
for all else, Canada, Japan, UK .... the US gun deaths seem to
just be extra freebies.
Most are also family members & people known well by the
gun's holder.
--
Cliff

%%%% Cite and it need to be better than Kellermann. ")

Who is "Kellermann"?
Try the numbers at places like Interpol or perhaps the UN.
Many nations keep track of deaths & causes.
--
Cliff

%%%% I live in America. Do try again.

And you think that being a winger gives you a right
to lie &/or ignore the actual data?
BTW, For US data see the CDC .... they count the dead too.

%%%% Yes the CDC stated ther were over 1,500, justifiable uses of handguns a
year.

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

From TheMilwaukeeChannel.com of May 3, 2006
Police: Wauwatosa Business Owner Shoots Would-Be Robber

Two men tried to rob a tropical fish store on North Avenue in Wauwatosa
Tuesday afternoon, but the store owner decided to fight back and fired a gun
at the robbers.

An Aqua-Terra Aquarium employee told 12 News reporter Kai Reed that her
boss was just opening up the store at noon when two men ran in and tried to
rob the place.

Jessica Fohl wasn't there, but she heard the details during a phone call
to her boss.

"He said, 'Somebody just came in the store and tried to rob me at
gunpoint.' He said, 'Right now,' he said, 'Some guy ran, and I shot after
him,' and he said. 'I have another person on the floor right now that I'm
standing on and holding at gunpoint,'" Fohl said.

Fohl said the owner has kept a gun under the counter since he opened up
the store 32 years ago.

Two stores across the street were held up last week. Several others have
been targeted in the last year, 12 News reported.

Fohl said there would have only been $100 or less in drawer.

An 18-year-old was shot in the chest. He ran to a home nearby, where
police captured him. He is in critical condition in an area hospital. The
other teenager, 17, is in police custody.

--
Cliff