jim rozen

Default The Maytag Man came by today

In article , Harold & Susan Vordos says...

clare @ snyder.on .ca wrote in message
.. .

Up here, you have a house with CI sewer pipe, you can NOT get
insurance (new coverage) without tearing out all the CI and putting in
plastic. The insurance companies are SO paranoid the pipe might leak,
and they might have to actually pay out.

That really sucks. I intend to go far out of my way to put in CI pipe in
the house I'm building currently to eliminate noise, which plastic pipe
transfers readily. Water running through the pipes sounds like rocks
running along. All pipes between the main and top floor will not be plastic
for that reason. The no hub pipe CI is a snap (no pun intended) to
install, taking only slightly longer than plastic.

This varies widely according to location. In many
nearby areas, cast iron is still required by code, and
plastic is not allowed.

Jim

please reply to: