Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is the Delta Hybrid really bad?

Hi Guys

I just caught on to this deal on Amazon and started doing some research
on the saw. I currently run a Ryobi BT3100 with which I have been
realtively happy. However, it requires constant tinkering to keep in
alignment and seems to slow a little on some ripping operations
(admittedly could be the power at outlet as much as the saw - a problem
currently being addressed!)

In any event, I have been thinking about a cabinet saw (probably the
Griz 1023). Do you feel the 36-717 is enough of an upgrade on the
BT3100 that I would notice a lot of difference, or am i better to wait
and either get the Griz when I have the cash or maybe look for a used 2
or 3hp cabinet saw? At a hair less than 700 bucks, this sure seems
like a deal, but I have long ago learned that sometimes its worth
paying more for the right tool in the first place than going through a
series of upgrades. This is purely for hobby woodworking, maybe 10-15
bigger projects per year.

Thanks for the advice.