Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke

Default OT - Winger with gun

"Cliff" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 May 2006 23:22:15 -0700, "Hawke" wrote:

First off, accidental shootings have declined considerably over the years
and as I recall there are somewhere around 5,000 accidental deaths by

guns
per year.

"In 1999, there were only 154 justifiable homicides by private citizens

in the
United States."
IOW The gun was actually used in self defense to kill someone....
http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/f...page=firefacts

5,000 (may be high)/154 = 32.5 odds against you. But police
shootings need to be counted too if they were "justifiable".
Sort of in line with one of Gunner's cites.
But I'll still only claim ~ 8 to 1 against you, based on the research
I did g.

When I said 5,000 accidental shootings I wasn't talking about justifiable
uses of a firearm. I meant accidental shootings like children finding guns
and shooting someone or hunting accidents or accidentally shooting oneself
cleaning a gun, that sort of thing. Accidents, not intentional uses. So, I
think you have to adjust the odds in my favor G.

Hawke