Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where to buy "draw bar" for trailer

Christian McArdle wrote:
I think perhaps I need to think about going up rather than forward.
Perhaps by putting some sort of rack on the fridge box and putting the
Aquarolls up there. Or maybe by finding a way to attach a set of roof
bars to the trailer so I can strap the Aquarolls up there.

I'm not sure 90kg up 2m high above the axle is much better...

From a physics point of view, an underslung attachment just fore and aft of
the axle would be best, if this can be accommodated by the trailer structure
without road safety issues.

Christian.

Eh?

90K? Surely not?

Oh, perhaps you are thinking i'm going to transport them full??

No, they'll be empty during transit and while i've not checked, I can't
see them weighing that much.

Also the trailer only has sides appriox 400mm high, so I can't see the
bottom of the suggested load bars being more than 1M above the axle and
probably not even that.

Another thought might be to increase the height of the box on the
trailer 6 - 8 inches or so in order to squeeze a little more in.
hmm.... the manufacturer might even have a kit for it.