Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home

Default How to Choose Energy Saving Light Bulbs..??

"Tim Downie" wrote in message
Yes they are energy saving - from memory the 60W equivalent are around
11W and the 100W equivalent around 16W. In my semi-local store there
are a random mixture of BC & ES on the shelves, just something to be
aware of.

rant
B*ll*cks! 11W is about equivalent to 50W and 16W to about 80W (at most).
These bl**dy equivalents are are lies!

I've yet to find a CFL that can match a 100W conventional bulb in output.

/rant

There are many types of 100w conventional bulbs.
I am quite sure you could find ones that are dimmer than a CFL if you look
harder.