Peter Reilley

Default OT=Sea Changes in the Media

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
et...
"Peter Reilley" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
. ..
""PrecisionMachinisT"" wrote in

message

"Gunner" wrote in message

BY BRIAN C. ANDERSON
Monday, November 3, 2003 12:01 a.m. EST

Snipped 619 lines of copyright material

http://opinionjournal.com/about/terms.html

http://opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110004245

Gunner,

Im curious as to why you wouldnt simply provide a link to the

original
article and then perhaps state your opinion, and / or ask others

what
their
own opinion might be ???

Regards,

--

SVL

HAHAHAHA!!Hahahaha..hohoho...ho...

Shirley you jest. Welcome to the New American Century Lite, the
all-editorial right-wing news service from Gunner. g

Ed Huntress

Gunner has not been paying attention. The conservative revolution

happened
25 years ago, it was called the Reagan revolution. That happened

after
the Liberal political philosophy sputtered to a stop, out of gas, and

dead
in the
water. What we are seeing now is the same thing happening to the
conservative
revolution. Each political swing, when it goes too far, eventually

crashes
and burns.
It is interesting to watch. ;-)

Pete.

Well, if anyone has any idea about how to watch it, I'd be interested in
hearing about it.

Well it is quite easy. We all have a ring side seat. 25 years ago you
could
see all sorts of Liberal commentators defending government programs that
were hugely costly and did not work. The fact that they did not work was
obvious to all. The justification was that it would be to disruptive to
end them.
The left would mumble something about compassion and giving.

Now we hear the same thing from the right. Iraq is the perfect stage for
them to perform on. The war is hugely expensive and is not working.
There is no prospect that it will work. We are told that we must continue
because it would be too disruptive to leave. The right mumbles something
about patriotism and democracy.

It is all very surreal. AMC is a microcosm of the larger world. Out
there, we have
Bush and Rumsfeld saying absurd things. They say; yesterday's lies don't
matter, believe
what I say today. In AMC, we have Gunner, et al. parroting the absurd
things that he hears out there.

It will all come crashing down.

We do have a ring side seat but we are not disinterested parties. Some
of the blood spilled will ours.

Pete.