Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default Concrete block wall art

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
meow2222 wrote
Finally you can make your own concrete blocks if you want, need a
simple wood frame on a flat sheet, line it with polythene, and pour in
load after load. A 4x8 mould is 2 m^2 or so of blocks, so with 9"
blocks you can work out what you'd save.
Why make blocks when you can cast whole walls in stages?
Appearance of course. I did just explain that in a fair bit of detail
in the post above. Poured walls are not pretty.

Block walls are at least as bad! Both these things are
better rendered.

That's a silly thing to say in the context of the subject.

It wasn't in the context of the subject, though, was it. However,
if you want it to be, I should say that casting walls would make
it easier to get an artistic effect (e.g. by using moulds) than
it would be to get an effect using blockwork.

You really do resent difference of opinion don't you?

No. I resent lots of things, but difference of opinion (where
one opinion does not fly in the face of fact) is not one. Perhaps
I should add that this reply is not in the context of the subject
of this post, or necessarily your statement.

It gets right under your rind and causes your statements to become
rasher and rasher. :-)

Oh dear oh dear.