Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where to buy "draw bar" for trailer

Hi All,

I am looking to fir a draw bar onto my trailer so as to make it a
little longer to accomodate a box to put my gas bottles in.

what I think I want is something that is either U section or
rectangular section so that i can bolt one end of it where the hitch
currently bolts on and bolt the hitch onto it. length will be about
600mm.

As I will be bolting the trailer end of it to a flat plate, I think
rectangular section might be needed, as if I use an inverted U then
then it might spread (though I could put a solid spacer under i
suppose.

Assuming you can make any sense of the above,

Where is the best place to buy the "bar"? Steel Stockholders? Trailer
supplier? Metal fabricators?

And what should I buy? I haven't measured the hight and witdth of the
hitch yet, but I would imagine I am wanting something like 50mm wide by
60mm high.