Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT

Default toro self-propelled frozen

Sounds like the belt broke. These are a simple belt affair where as the
belt just slips when you don't push as hard. Nothing complicated about it.

--
Steve Barker

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 21" Toro self-propelled mower (2 yrs old). The mower moves at
variable speed depending on the degree to which you push on the handle.
Last weekend, amid some clatter that I attributed to the blade hitting
something (but in retrospect, maybe something was breaking or slipping
in the gearbox), the drive mechanism stopped working. The drive wheels
rotate freely in the forward direction but not reverse, and the drive
mechanism no longer engages when the handle is depressed. Might this be
a simple fix or an expensive and/or time-consuming one?

Thanks

Lynn Willis
Indianapolis