Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Which quick change tool post set for this lathe?

I had to mill mine the T bar that fits the compound is just over sided on purpose.

Find a shop in town or a friend. Is there a club to join ? - might be handy.

Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

wrace wrote:
Thanks guys.

The catalog says, "may need to machine t-nut". I don't see any dimensions
for the t-nut specifically, and even if there were I doubt it would make
much difference with this old lathe. I guess what I'm getting at is I
suspect I will need to modify the t-nut to fit this lathe?

If that's the case, I don't have a mill, and I don't have a 4 jaw chuck for
this lathe. Can I rig a way to "machine" the t-nut with just a three jaw??
How about grind or file the nut?

Thanks

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message

My Sheldon 11x44 uses the AXA size just fine. It would fit the 10 as it
also
fits the 9 (prior posts).