Default Help identify this servo motor??

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:07:37 -0600, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Thanks Richard,

I'll get a couple of the gecko drives and try ramping the current
control up until they get hot. g The good old brute force approach.

If they were really "tachometers", not digital quadrature encoders, then

They were tachs, as that much at least was on the label but very
little other information and that's why I didn't bother getting them
as I knew I'd need encoders anyway.

See my page on retrofitting encoders onto PM DC motors:

g Like DejaVu, I was looking at the end of the shaft yesterday and
figured I could do pretty much what you outlined on your site. I will
tap the end of the shaft though and couple the encoder with flexible
joint just to make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Thanks again for the input. I had hoped someone might have recognized
the OIA brand on the motor, if that is the brand but the brute force
approach is always a good fall-back.

--

Kind regards,
Jenny and her tribe of survivors.