Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Ernie Klein

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 03 May 2006 05:26:05 GMT, Ernie Klein
wrote:

I find it interesting that the same liberals who love unions also love
the immigrants.

I guess I must really confuse you.

I am not confused and I was not assuming that you were a liberal. I
turned your statement around because I am amused that union loving
liberals embrace illegal immigrants instead of being offended by them
because they are undercutting the unions the liberals love so dearly.

I am a conservative who is not a
big union fan (they promote mediocrity) but I support immigraiton for
anyone who will work and pay taxes.
They are not stealing anyone's job.

Stealing is a strong word. They they can undercut legal businesses
_because_ they are illegal. A friend of mine is a licensed concrete
contractor. Much of his business came from small jobs for home
improvement. Now homeowners hire a couple of illegals for 1/4 of the
cost.

Nobody seems to worry or care about little things like contractors
licenses, workman's compensation insurance, taxes and thing like that.
Homeowners themselves are in violation of the law, but so what "everyone
does it".

Our kids refuse to take those
jobs.

Your kids maybe.

If you can get an American kid to take a construction job he
will be loitering around talking to his girlfriend on a cell phone
every time you look the other way.

You must associate with different kids than I do.

They whine about hard work don't
stay long enough to actually learn a trade. Give me a crew of liittle
brown guys any day.

--
-Ernie-

"There are only two kinds of computer users -- those who have
suffered a catastrophic hard drive failure, and those who will."

Have you done your backup today?