Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy

Default High Voltage Wire Nuts?

Screw terminal blocks have their own share of problems, as far as I
know it's not legal to use them for household wiring in the US.

How are wires connected to switches and socket outlets? Surely by screw
connection?

Screw terminals illegal?? What? Outlets, switches, and breaker boxes use
screw terminals, along with some light fixtures. As far as I know screw
terminals should be just fine, but I don't know where you'd get a terminal
block small enough for wiring a cealing fan or light. I've used them many
times for larger junction boxes with #6 wire or larger.

- Mike