Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default feedback on Sears Craftsman powder coating gun?

I currently use a Harbor Freight powder coating gun, but am considering
replacing it with the Sears Craftsman model. I'm thinking of replacing
it because my HF gun occassional surges, putting extra powder on the
pieces I'm spraying; and I get a lot of powder build-up in the barrel,
which gets messy when its time to blow it out. I also seem to get more
overspray with it than I would expect on small-diameter tubing. I find
the Craftsman gun appealing because I wouldn't have to run a noisy air
compressor. Has anyone tried using it, and if so, could they share its
strengths and weaknesses? Thanks.

-Jim