Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Engelhardt

Default Really Cool Toy (aviation, and a tiny bit of metal, content)

Glenn wrote:
... fill it's tank with
butane from one of the cans they use for butane lighters. ...

neat idea! But ... I would recommend a pressure comparison. The OP
said it takes 50 strokes of the pump. There's no telling what that
means in psi. It could be a lot more than the vapor pressure of butane,
or not. And consumer "butane" is usually a mix of butane and propane
(IIRC), so the vapor pressure can vary. I would measure the pump
pressure and that of the butane first. Not that I would worry about
explosions, but destroying the plane.

Bob