Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

Default Dowsing

john2 wrote:

We know about things like magnetic fields, electric fields, and
electromagnetic radiation, which along with other things are the names
we give to the forces at work when things interact.

No, we know hardly anything at all about any of these fundamental
forces, especially gravity. We have mathematical formulas that predict
how they work under different conditions, but that isn't an explanation.

We know about how the forces interact based on our observations, which
is not I am talking about.

I am not talking about what the forces actually are.

Thats why they keep building huge particle machines in Switzerland - to
test out theories.

You don't need a supercollider to know that if you accidentally stub
your toe on the corner of a door, it will hurt. You don't need to
observe neutrinos in a bubble tank in order to know that a magnet will
pick up screws. Daily, observable things are repeatable and well
understood.