Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
The Real Bev

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

Ernie Klein wrote:

In article ,
Scott en Aztl?n wrote:

On Tue, 02 May 2006 22:51:30 -0700, The Real Bev

On 3 May 2006 00:02:59 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

Consturction trades used to be a semi-skilled,good paying job,that
highschool dropouts or those not college-bound could take and earn a
decent
living,and if they wanted,go on to better jobs.

The principal of my kids' elementary school worked as a carpenter during
the summer.

That was the result of unions driving up the cost of labor. I find it
interesting the same conservatives who hate unions also hate the
immigrants.

I hadn't really thought about the illegals being a real poke in the eye
to overpaid union members. Gotta think about this...

Here's some more food for thought:

http://tinyurl.com/e57gx

They just mention "immigrants". Do they mean legal immigrants or
illegal immigrants or both? Do they allow illegals to join the
union(s)? Given that the purpose of unions is to increase union
membership, I can see why they'd want as many illegals as possible to
jump the border.

Thanks anyway, but I pass on sites that have to register to enter.

That's what bugmenot is for. This worked:

nobugster

--
Cheers,
Bev