Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht

Default Patio Umbrella LED Lights Only Work in the (heat of) Daytime??

On Wed, 3 May 2006 06:30:44 -0500, (m Ransley)
wrote:

New =warranty, fix it=waste of time.

Sometimes warranty=waste of time & fixit=quicker.

A couple years ago I had a treadmill that would shutoff unexpecedly.
Company was great- they shipped a new electric panel out on a phone
call. I could have waited another week for a tech to install it, but
I was without the treadmill for a week already, so I installed it.
It didn't cure it. So I spent an hour with a voltmeter & trying
to read the schematic and found a ground wire with a loose screw.

If I had been lucky the tech that I talked to would have said- 'check
the screws at a,b,c, to be sure there is a good ground'.

I'm with the OP-- hey, it's Usenet-- bound to be someone who passed
this way before. Worth trying, anyway.

To the OP-- anyway you can isolate the connections enough to cool one
at a time-- or cool just the circuitboard? Or maybe it would be
easier to warm them up at night?

[It couldn't be a photocell installed screwy, so they only work when
the sun shines, could it?]

I'd probably still give the company a call. If you're lucky they can
give you a phone fix-- or send you a new circuitboard. Then if you
find it is something else you've got a spare board.

Jim