Posted to alt.home.repair
coustanis

Default Correct curcuit?

Hello all. I have this 220v circuit in my house that needs to be
repaired. The circuit consists of a 4 prong plug, romex(?) cable, a
disconnect and a connection to the breaker box.

Before I repair this I want to make sure it is correct in the first
place. My question is in the connection to the panel box. It's #10/3
cable so it has four conductors, two hots, a neutral and a ground.
In the panel box, one hot goes to one lug of a 10 amp double breaker.
The other hot goes to the other lug of that same double breaker. The
neutral and the ground go to the same ground bar. This means that they
are electrically connected. Is that correct?

My other question involves the disconnect. This is the part that needs
to be replaced. This disconnect
has two switched poles. It is connected as such:
As mentioned, it is 4 conductor wire. One hot goes to one switched
pole and the other hot goes to the other pole of the disconnect.

The disconnect has a short ground bar attached and electrically
connected to it's standard metal disconnect casing. Both the neutral
and the ground wires of this circuit are connected to this ground bar.
Is this correct?

I really appreciate you reading this.
Thanks,