Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg D.

Default Is the Delta Hybrid really bad?

Hi Frank,

Very few people answered your question about the quality/opinions of
the saw you want to buy.

I worked during WW shows on a few of those hybrid cabinet saws. All I
can say is they performed as well as a contractor saw because... they
are contractor table saw in the first place.

The only added benefit is the fact your get a cabinet and it's much
better for dust collection (a bit quieter too). Aside from that, you
won't get more benefits...

If you want a little bit more, you gotta upgrade to a "real" cabinet
saw but that's another story...

Greg D.

On 2 May 2006 09:26:04 -0700, "Frank" wrote:

I'm putting together my first workshop for doing crafts/furniture and I
am in the process of researching table saws.

I saw a really good deal on the Delta Hybrid table saw with a
biesemeyer fence (model 36-717) for about $600 (shipping is another
$100). This seems like a really good deal. But I've seen a number
of reviews in both directions on this saw (maybe the older reviews are
more negative than the newer).

I'm looking for opinions about this from people that actually have
experience with this saw one way or the other.

Also, are there any options in a similar price bracket that are as good
or better?

Thans for your advice.
Frank