Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leo Lichtman

Default Please help with valuing welder

"Eric R Snow" wrote: (clip) From what I can tell the Plus version has
infinitely adjustable voltage. If the model I'm looking at doesn't have
this can it modified without buying a kit from Lincoln? (clip)
Shortly after buying mine, I had the "brilliant" idea of doing this. On the
front panel, the difference is just a four position snap switch vs a smooth
turning knob/potentiometer. When I looked inside, however, I found that my
snap switch went to four taps on the transformer. I don't see any way to
change over without replacing the transformer, so I said, "Fagedaboutit."