Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ

Default How much vibration do you need for a vibratory cleaner.

The more vibration stroke the more cutting action you get. A big
industrial unit might hold 500 gallons, move 1/2". Takes a LOT of hp,
makes a LOT of noise. Yours sounds like it might handle a 2 to 4 quart
bowl with a gentle action. The amount of cutting action is extremely
dependent on the type of media you use. Sawdust will just polish, big
ceramic chips will knock edges off in a hurry.

TMN wrote:

Hi

Got myself the vibrating motor from a small Clairol Foot Spa bath.
Its pretty small with offset weight on each side of the armiture - fits
in ones hand.

I want to make a vibratory cleaner from it using plastic bowls - what
size would be suitable for this ? I.E. Does the vibration have to be
hand numbing to be effective ????

Does the motor hace to be aligned vertically or horizontally - I.E.
must the vibration be up and down or sideways with respect to the bowl
?

thanks
Tim