Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.audio
Steve Firth

Default Advice requested: wireless microphone for use with laptop

On Wed, 3 May 2006 13:30:30 +0100, Serge Auckland wrote:

So now my idea is to get a wireless radio microphone of some reasonable
quality to feed in to the microphone input of the laptop and thence on
out the headphone socket and through the PA (we need wireless because
the timekeeper's bench and the DJ area are some 50metres apart).
Plumbing through the laptop to use its mixing capabilities.

Well, you could use a new Bluetooth dongle that supports high quality
headphones. This will also give you the ability to input audio from the
headphone microphone on a high quality audio headset.

I'm using a Motorola headphone for a similar application. If you're using a
PC then the headset simply shows up as yet another audio input device and
you can simply select "Bluetooth Audio" as the input source.

If you *don't* want to use a headset, there are Bluetooth boxes which take
input via 3.5mm jack and route it over Bluetooth. The only problem with the
ones I've seen is that they are line level input, not intended for use with
microphones.