Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,uk.tech.broadcast
Michael Kennedy

Default Adjusting pots on tube of monitor while switched on

In the late sixties I worked with a BBC Electronic Services engineer who
regularly used to check whether EHT was present on a faulty monitor by
removing the plug from the tube and sticking his thumb on it.

Ouch! That hurts.. I got zapped from the neckboard on my ms pacman cocktail
table while reaching around inside with it on.. That was a mistake that I
don't plan to repeat any time soon.. ;-)

- Mike