Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default 240v speedway buzzbox on 120?

On 3 May 2006 00:55:01 -0700, "Ioan Barladeanu"
wrote:

Heh.. polarity doesn't matter in AC. We don't even have polarised plugs
here (as far as I know UK uses them, but I don't know of many who do).
It might make a small difference just for some sensitive electronics,
but the main idea is that the polarity is switched 50 times a second
for 220v, or 60 times for 110. And a welder isn't that sensitive :-)
Probably the worst that could happen is the unit not putting out enough
power.

Ive seen some of those welders with dual input voltages. Take off the
cover and see if it was made for the global market

Gunner