Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Default Dripping Overflow Pipe

John wrote:
Please don't try to cover up your ignorance! The OP said "(as you
can tell I know nothing about plumbing)" so instead of trying to
score cheap points, you should have explained the use of now common
place internal overflows

Cheap points? Since the OP stated he knew nothing about plumbing it's
entitely possible that he could have missed an external overflow.

As has been pointed out a few times to you now, anybody can have a
'flashy' web site and a screwdriver, advertise themselves as a
Handyman for paid work, but do the REALLY know what they are doing,
and expecting the public to pay for? In view of some of your
questions posted on here I think you have started to run before you
can walk!!!!!

And I think you have no sense of humour at all. There seem to be certain
members of this group who suffer from the British disease of slagging off
anyone trying to get on in life. Perhaps it's jealousy.

Whatever, attacking my use of exclamation marks seems somewhat strange.

I'd dispute that my site is 'flashy'. It's open, clear and informative IMO.
It's been checked by Trading Standards to ensure there are no false claims
or misleading information. It reccommends other tradesmen for work I cannot
do.

It's the year 2006. It isn't 'flashy' having a website, simply modern.

I do know what I'm doing thank you - and I'm smart enough to ask those more
knowledgeable than I when I don't.

I do not want to, and will not, get into a war of "My drills bigger
than you drill" etc, only you know if you're OK doing what you do
(and charging for it), but just think about the questions you are
asking advice on when you are trying to gain payment from the answer!

Thank you I'm doing fine. Questions are a double edged sword John. My
asking a question and gettting positive helpful answers adds to the
knowledge of others and can be of general interest. I also supply answers
in areas where I have lots of knowledge & expertise - see the Pressure
Washer FAQ for example.

And if I gain knowledge & experience in a particular area due to my gainful
employment I'll be happy to share that if it helps anyone.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman