Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default water regs - bath mixer tap

On Tue, 2 May 2006 21:02:38 +0100 someone who may be "PeterK"
wrote this:-

b) The cold feed should come from the cold water tank and bold not the
mains [snip]

Is the requirement at b) normal -

Yes, assuming that your hot water supply is fed via a cold tank.

I think its stone age

Imagine what would happen if the mains supply failed. Hot water
would still be coming out of the shower, fed by the storage tank,
but there would be no cold water. For this reason the cold supply
should be taken from the same tank, ideally a little lower than the
feed to the hot system.

As others have said there is also the question of controlling
temperature when the supplies are at different pressures.

Would I get these requirements from Pegler, Bristan etc.

Yes, for similar fittings.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh