Posted to alt.home.repair
Beachcomber

Default How can I boost range of garage door transmitter?

Did it work any better when it was new? The lens might be dirty. Try
cleaning with cotton swab and some cleaning agent.

Lens? This is RF, not a TV remote. I'd also check that the inside antenna,
that coat-hanger thing hung off the opener, hasn't been knocked loose.

aem sends...

The receiver antenna may be in a dead spot due to reflections from
surrounding materials.

Try re-orienting the antenna (horz -- vertical) or vice-versa.
Lengthening or shortening the antenna. If the receiver is removable,
relocate it .

Beachcomber