Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
David Moffitt

Default OT - Winger with gun

"Cliff" wrote in message
On Tue, 02 May 2006 20:50:46 GMT, "David Moffitt"
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 2 May 2006 10:26:07 -0700, Dave wrote:

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:38:00 -0700, Hawke wrote:

Then add the fact that if there were no guns whatsoever violent people
would
simply use knives, clubs, fists, and other available weapons to prey
on
the
weak.

Thats an interesting point that ive brought up to my Euro friends in the
past. They are constantly comparing gun related deaths where they live
as
to where I live. (An example was the Seattle rave shooting). I would
also
like to see a general comparison of violent crimes between there and
here
to show if its guns that are the problem or is it that there are just
more
violent people.

I checked some of the available data sometime back.
Take out the US gun deaths & the rates are very similar
for all else, Canada, Japan, UK .... the US gun deaths seem to
just be extra freebies.
Most are also family members & people known well by the
gun's holder.
--
Cliff

%%%% Cite and it need to be better than Kellermann. ")

Who is "Kellermann"?
Try the numbers at places like Interpol or perhaps the UN.
Many nations keep track of deaths & causes.
--
Cliff

%%%% I live in America. Do try again.

"I wouldn't mind having a 50 caliber sniper rifle. Just to shoot the
**** out of things, like the neighbor's dog ****ting in my yard, for
example." --Cheeks in talk.politics.guns 3/29/2006 3:20 PM