Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Small sheet metal brake?

Andy Dingley wrote:

Mine was some generic Lucky Golden Hedgehog picked up at the Model
Engineer for 30-some squid. At those prices it's not worth welding your
own up (it really needs a milling machine with a boring head to
accurately cut the counterbores for the bearings).

There is a simpler option. When I made mine I used steel butt hinges,
and use 2 slippery plastic layers on the lift up section, so the
workpiece slides a little over the lift up section as its bent. That
has to happen becuase the hinge point is not quite in line with the
workpiece bend.

NT