Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

Default Dripping Overflow Pipe

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
John wrote:

I think he means they have no overflow going to the outside, some
overflow directly into the pan.

But then again any Handyman worth his salt would know that!!!

I only said overflow - not where it overflowed .....

Please don't try to cover up your ignorance! The OP said "(as you can tell
I know nothing about plumbing)" so instead of trying to score cheap points,
you should have explained the use of now common place internal overflows

An overflows an overflow !!! !!!! !!!!

Precisely and YOU should have explained how to look for one, internal or
otherwise. Or do you not know how to determine the difference? I think
not! I bet you just lift the cistern lid and if there is no outlet pipe say
something like "Amah, it's one of those new internal overflow jobbies",
without knowing whether it is or not! It may be an old 'external' overflow
type that has been plumbed in incorrectly, but I doubt you would know how to
tell!

As has been pointed out a few times to you now, anybody can have a 'flashy'
web site and a screwdriver, advertise themselves as a Handyman for paid
work, but do the REALLY know what they are doing, and expecting the public
to pay for? In view of some of your questions posted on here I think you
have started to run before you can walk!!!!!

I do not want to, and will not, get into a war of "My drills bigger than you
drill" etc, only you know if you're OK doing what you do (and charging for
it), but just think about the questions you are asking advice on when you
are trying to gain payment from the answer! After all this is a DIY group
and there are many forums around patronised by 'professional's'

Cheers

John

Dave!
The Medway Handyman!