Posted to alt.home.repair
tj

Default Bathroom Sink Won't Hold Water

Sounds like the person who installed it didn't use plumber's putty. As long
as it doesn't leak underneath sink there is nothing to worry about. You
could take it apart and fix it. really easy.

"Adam Lane" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi...I was assuming that the pop-up stopper was worn out, and that was
why the sink wouldn't hold water even with the stopper plugging the
drain hole.

But I found even if I plug the drain hole (by wedging a tightly bunched
up plastic bag in there) water still escapes from the sink very
quickly.

Inspecting things closely, it seems that water is draining away
UNDERNEATH the edge of the flange.

At least, that what is looks like to me. I wonder if anyone knows if
this is common. And, is that water going somewhere that could cause a
big problem? (other than the inconvenience now of it preventing me from
keeping the sink filled up when I'm trying to shave).

Thanksya for any thoughts.